The investment level required to participate in an All County® Property Management franchise is relatively low-cost, ranging from $66,950 to $98,900. This is based on the upfront franchise fee of $39,500 plus $27,450 to $59,400 in estimated start-up capital and operating expenses. If you already have an office, the startup expenses could be considerably reduced.
- Office Rent and Improvements: You will need to purchase or lease 950 to 1,200 square feet of office space to operate the business. $1,000-2,000
- Capital Equipment and Supplies: You'll need to furnish your office to meet with clients and prospects. This includes our required furniture: conference table, desks, chairs, etc. The estimate also includes an initial supply of yard signs and lock boxes. $4,000 - $5,000
- Technology, Office Equipment, and Supplies: Technology is at the heart of our business. You will need to purchase or lease 3 desktop personal computers that comply with our specifications. The estimate includes 3 months of the software license fee, and includes other required office equipment such as a printer, scanner, and related supplies. $3,000 - $4,500
- Start-Up Marketing We will train you in our marketing methods that have allowed our franchises to achieve the highest average revenue in the property management industry, but you will need to fund and implement the marketing program. $3,000 - $5,000
- Insurance: Our franchises obtain both general liability and errors & omissions insurance. $2,500
- Professional Fees: Professional fees may include setting up a corporation or other business entity, filing the necessary forms, setting up an accounting system, etc. $1,000-1,500
- Licenses/Bonds: Your franchise must be under the direct control of a Managing Owner. This is an estimate of any required state licensing fees for the franchisee entity and the Managing Owner. Also, this estimate includes initial fees to join the National Association of Realtors. $1,500 - $2,000
- Other Deposits: This estimate includes any required deposits for utilities and leased equipment, including for a copier and the telephone system. $2,000 - $3,000
- Expenses While Attending Training: You must attend 4 days of training at our main office in St. Petersburg, Florida. This is our estimate of your potential travel and living expenses to attend the training course. $700 - $2,400
- Office Deposit $500 - $1,000
- Signs $500 - $1,000
- Additional Funds: Additional funds are an estimate of the amount of cash required to cover any operating expenses during your first 3 months of operation. $700 - $2,400
These expenses are estimates of your initial investment in one location prior to commencing operations and for the first three months thereafter. We make no estimate regarding real estate acquisition costs. We do not require you to acquire real estate, other than your lease, to operate your All County® business. We relied upon personal experience and our affiliate’s experience in opening a similar business to the Franchise Business in compiling these estimates. You should review these figures carefully with a business advisor before making any decision to purchase the franchise.
Royalty and National Ad Fund Fees
There is a royalty of 7% of gross property management revenue and a National Ad Fund contribution of 1% of the property management revenue. In other words, if you manage a rental unit with a monthly rent of $1000 and charge a 10% monthly management fee, then your monthly property management revenue is $100, and you would pay $7 in royalties and contribute $1 to the National Ad Fund each month. The National Ad Fund helps you obtain new rental property owner clients from national and regional methods unavailable to the small mom-and-pop property managers that predominate in the industry, so this is a tremendous competitive advantage.
Property Management and Accounting Software Fees
Our property management and accounting software cost are $250 for the first user per month and $65/month for each additional user. Since a full-time property manager should be able to manage about 100 units, this equates to about $2.50 per unit per month. Our franchisees' rental vacancies can be automatically posted to 20-30 different rental vacancy websites, such as Zillow.
Bookkeeping Assistance Program
Our Bookkeeping Assistance Program is a flat fee of $350 per month with an unlimited number of units. The Bookkeeping Assistance Program allows our franchise owners to focus on growing their businesses rather than hassling with the accounting, which can be extremely time-consuming.
Website, Email, and Learning Center
Each franchise receives one of our standard websites at no additional charge. For ongoing website hosting, e-mail hosting, and access to our online learning center, the cost is $65 per month.
Salary and Wage Expenses
Most of our franchisees start with the franchise owner growing the business full-time and with a part-time receptionist as support. When the franchise grows to 60-100 units under management, then those units are delegated to a property manager while the franchise owner focuses on growing the business. Salary expenses are kept low and only increased as revenue builds.